After playing with streamlined, I discovered ActiveScaffold. ActiveScaffold seems to be a bit more fine tuned and ready for production use then streamlined when it comes to restful development. This is just what I was looking for the speed up the dev of the backend admin area. While its not a final solution, it allows you to get things going fast and start coding the core of your app without the need to code all the minor crud features in the beginning. Its worth a look at, try the demo here: http://demo.activescaffold.com/users
ActiveScaffold also allows you to override anything you need, layouts, columns, associations, etc.
It doesn’t get more simple and clean then that.
* An AJAXified table interface for creating, updating, and deleting objects
* Automatic handling of ActiveRecord associations
* Sorting, Search and Pagination
* RESTful API support (XML/YAML/JSON) baked in
* Sexy CSS styling and theming support
* More extension points than you can shake a stick at
* Guaranteed to work on Firefox 1+, IE 6+ and Safari 2+
* Released under the MIT License, the same one as Rails itself, so you can use it freely in your commercial applications.