There are quite a few posts on the keynote @ Rails conf 2007 by David (DHH).
- > 1 million downloads
- Hundreds of plugins
- ~10k people on rubyonrails-talk
- http://workingwithrails.com/ indicates over 100 countries where people do Rails.
- IDE: CodeGear, Textmate, NetBeans, JetBrains, Aptana
- It’s not gonna change everything you know, it’s gonna be humble.
- No new ‘great’ idea.
- The experiment worked! (RESTFul resource)
- The world of resources is a better, greener place.
- Rails 2.0 will focus more on the REST convention
The above list was taken from: OnRails.org
Check out these blog posts for all the info:
RailsConf 2007 – Day
RailsConf 2007 Opening Keynote: David Heinemeier Hansson
I am working on gathering some generic EDI and vendor compliance information from the web as well as what I have come across while working in the field. I hope to put together a public site with this information along with help from the community. I have created quite a few “templates” for day to day EDI operations as well as some other guides that will make its way onto the site. I already have the site up and running actually, however I just have not had the time to tweak it to my needs.
Dealing with EDI, vendor compliance, routing guides and vendor guides can be quite a task, especially with the larger customers such as the larger chains and department stores. As you know everyone has their own specific requirements, rules and regulations. I am curious how everyone else manages their day to day operations so everything runs smoothly?
Ideally the site will cover some generic information, suggestions and tips. Perhaps I will add forum for communication and help.
If anyone is interested in contributing or have any suggestions at all, please let me know.