So far everything is going OK. Last night after work I ripped up some of the carpet on the first floor while waiting for the kitchen cabinet place to come. The kitchen guy measured the whole area and should be drawing up some plans / options for us over the next few days.
Tonight I’ll be tearing down some sheet rock in the kitchen because we will need to re-wire / upgrade the electric anyways. And if I have time, I’ll finish taking up the carpet in the other room. I am taking off tomorrow and I’ll be meeting my friend there to help me spec out what needs to be ordered from Home Depot (sheet rock, wonder board, wiring, outlets, etc) and make a few trips and get everything there so we are prepared. I am also having a dumpster delivered tomorrow morning to the house, this way we can get rid of everything pretty easy. I ordered a 20 yarder, and that should be PLENTY for the demo work we need to do.
Things are moving full steam ahead, however as I anticipated there are a few more things we need to do that we did not plan for initially. There are some studs and rock that had some mold issues due to a leak, as well as just some old wood that I’d rather replace then taking a chance. No reason to go cheap now, I’d rather just do it right.
I’m hoping to get the plumber in there the end of this week to replace the main water cutoff valve as well to do some other minor changes.